Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Days Like Diamonds

I know this may sound like a badly written Singletrack column but some days I just think to myself how much I love riding my bike and that there really is nothing else I'd rather have been doing.

I spent this morning at my desk looking out at the sun shining and the clear blue sky. By lunch I could resist any longer, I wouldn't go far, just a quick spin and I had a couple of things I needed to look at so I could kill two birds with one stone. But it didn't take long for urge to ride to kick in. Maybe if I just did that one section, and if I linked that bit in, and then I could ride that trail...

Eventually I was heading for home until I bumped into a stranger (John who races for Mammoth), got talking and decided to go and ride a few trails together. Unplanned adventures are always the best and the next hour or so was spent happily chatting & riding as the sun slowly fell from the sky.

By the time I got home from my quick lunchtime spin it was nearly dark. There are some days that catch the light, days like diamonds.

Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment